Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Right Road

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

This passage was the subject of today's sermon, and is what I consider my "life verse". There was a very long period of my life when I was no longer reading the Bible, no longer attending church, and I wasn't even praying.

I got so caught up in life and everything seemed to be going wrong; I was unwilling to take the time to include God in my life. I suffered for it. I tried to deal with everything by myself, and failed miserably. Finally, I realized that God was still there, working through others to reach me, granting me blessings and mercy. Finally, I returned to Him, made Him the focus of my attention. Finally, my burden was lightened.

"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  Matthew 19:26 (NKJV) (emphasis mine).

He comforts me, guides me, and answers my prayers. He is with me always. Trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment