Monday, May 1, 2017

Camp Nanowrimo 2017 Last Day



I spent much of last week pushing myself to make my goal of re-writing 30,000 words of my first novel. It was a difficult month and I've decided that while editing is the most important process of writing, it's also not as fun as the initial write-everything-that-pops-into-my-head. Others see it differently; they enjoy editing. I need to get to that point. The important thing is that I worked on it every day, and met a goal. I need to have that same goal for this month, and the next month. Maybe then I'll be ready to send it out to beta readers. The problem is, there's no certificate, or badge, or t-shirt at the end of the next two months. I need those small motivators, however piddly they seem to be. I ordered my t-shirt and winner's badge at the beginning of April, and they arrived within a week. I've kept them in their unopened package this whole time until I "won" the month. It's what's kept me working. If I hadn't won, then I'm not sure what I would've done, so it wasn't an option.


So, my little hiatus here is over and I want to get back to blogging several times a week and sharing bible verses every day. I want to step it up a notch and support local artists, businesses, etc., and will have a few "opinions" to share about the world in general. Subscribe to my blog by email so you don't miss anything.
Have a blessed Mayday.


2 comments:

  1. Big Huge Congrat's!!!...Wheeeeee...Ya Hoo!!! "Happy Dancing" I am so proud of you!!! You are a beautiful spirit and a talented writer :-). I am excited to read your book one day :-).

    ReplyDelete