Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Bridge to salvation


Like the title implies, this video shares two simple ways to share the Gospel. One is called the Roman Road which we can talk about in more detail tomorrow. The other one is the Bridge illustration.  I really like the version in the video, but I am also sharing the one below which has a few more Bible verses. Any version, no matter how basic, will be helpful in sharing the Gospel. If you can memorize the verses, that's great and very helpful, however, if you can't, speak from the heart as to what this process looked like in your life.
For example, I could share:
- We're all sinners. Ever since the fall of mankind, we have been separated from God because of our sin.  Before I was saved, I was very prideful, very full of myself and selfish. I believed in Jesus, but I hadn't repented my sins or asked Him into my life. I didn't have a personal relationship with Him. As a result of this, I felt as if there was something missing in my life, a sort of void, or hole in my heart that I couldn't fill. (Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God)
- That life, without Jesus, can only lead to death. My sin prevented me from being able to reach God. (Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.)
- I tried to get to God without making a full commitment, telling myself I was doing fine. After all, I was nice to people, I went to church, prayed sometimes, even read my Bible occasionally. I was "basically" a good person. I was completely missing the point. (Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.)
- But then, I was at a weekend-long Christian music event and the preachers were telling us that God sent His one and only Son to die on a cross for each one of us. It finally sunk in that Jesus did that and bore God's wrath which was meant for ME because I was a sinner and was incapable of avoiding sin. That cross allowed me access to the Father and an opportunity for salvation and eternal life. (Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.)
- All I had to do was go forward. I felt drawn to the front where people prayed with me. I confessed my sins, made a commitment to Jesus, accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. I believed with all my heart that He died for me and rose from the grave, defeating death, giving me life. (Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.)

This is a very generic, pared-down version of my testimony, but it's a starting point. I'm going to buy a pocket-sized New Testament Bible and highlight these verses so I'll always have it with me. I'm also going to try to memorize these verses and practice the Bridge so that when an opportunity arises, I'm ready. How about you?

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the wisdom, courage, and words necessary to share the gospel, utilizing our spiritual gifts, in such a way that will plant seeds and ultimately bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power




1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you are using the KJV bible (that is the correct bible). So many use the wrong version of the bible it can really deceive others from knowing the real truth on God,s word. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete