Sunday, July 20, 2014

Whatta Year!

Actually, it should be "whatta year and a half!"  My last post was January, 2013, and I think that must have been my last "normal" day.  The short and sweet version is that in the past year & a half, I have:  traveled to Romania, Switzerland, Virginia, and Hawaii, bought a new house, got married in it the day after closing, lost 2 mother-in-laws, the first one was 5 days after we got married.  Within a month of getting married, found out I had breast cancer.  Since then, I've had internal radiation, chemotherapy, and external radiation.  The chemotherapy wraps up this coming October.  Because of all of this, I had to drop out of school (again!)  And, I just found out Friday, that my 13 1/2 year old beagle has kidney disease' oh, and an eye and ear infection.

Those are just the highlights, and although they may sound mostly negative, they really aren't.  I have been very blessed through all of this, and have come through it all a much better person.  I'll elaborate on all of these things bit by bit.  I really miss writing, and although I still write in my journal/diary frequently, I miss the interaction of a blog. 


2 comments:

  1. You've been through alot. We women are stronger than some people think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole. I'm just so blessed to have gotten through it all. And yes, we are strong!

      Delete