Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Record Your Days

   Sunday, December 31, 2017.  The Preacher spoke about this life and about time as a commodity, measured in days. He was speaking on Psalm 90 and suggested that we record each day as a means of numbering our days "that we may gain a heart of wisdom". This is my new project for the New Year. It will bring focus to accomplishing something each day, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, do something to help others, to make someone else’s day a little better, to let others know they aren't alone.
   I believe some people don’t want to commit to Christianity because they don’t feel like they can live a Christian life, or because they don’t want to give up their sinful life. I try my best and that’s all I can do. When I slip up, I pray and ask forgiveness. Christ died on the cross so that I can be forgiven, and so  I can have eternal life. I want to spend eternity with everyone I love, and even with those that I’m not too fond of. I wouldn’t wish eternity in hell on anyone. So I try to live my days purposefully. If nothing else, I hope to illustrate what a Christian life looks like, that it is flawed, but it is true and blessed. Even in difficult times, I look to Jesus for answers, guidance, and strength. I have so much to share with you.
   Join me in making each day count.

Psalm 90:10-17 (NIV)
10 Our days may come to seventy years,
    or eighty, if our strength endures;
yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow,
    for they quickly pass, and we fly away.
11 If only we knew the power of your anger!
    Your wrath is as great as the fear that is your due.
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

13 Relent, Lord! How long will it be?
    Have compassion on your servants.
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
    for as many years as we have seen trouble.
16 May your deeds be shown to your servants,
    your splendor to their children.

17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
    yes, establish the work of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment