Friday, September 13, 2019

The importance of supportive parents

I'm very blessed to have been born to my parents. I can't remember one time when they didn't support me Even as a child, they supported whatever interests I developed whether it was dancing, drawing, piano, they made sure I had lessons and the right tools to be the best ballerina, artist, or pianist I could be. The time that means the most to me, though, was when I decided I wanted to become an interior designer. Our high school allowed girls to take drafting classes for the first time ever when I was a junior. I signed up for it just because it was something that I was previously barred from and I fell in love with it. My parents took me downtown to Dayton Blueprint and got me stocked up with a drafting table, t-square, scale, portfolio, graphite and probably twenty other tools of the trade. I still have most of those items because they meant so much to me. While I didn't make it through the interior design program initially, I did get into the architectural field and have been using those initial drafting skills for over 26 years. I feel so very blessed. Thank you, Mom and Dad. 

I thank God for you—the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 
2 Timothy 1:3

*********
Join me this week in praying with an appreciation and gratitude for the person(s) who supports you in life.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment