Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Don't go to bed angry

Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,
Ephesians 4:26 ESV

This is the advice my first husband and I received during our pre-marriage counseling. We adhered to it for 25 years, so I believe it was the best advice we ever received. It works well for other relationships, too. Have you ever gone to bed angry, had angry dreams and thoughts that kept you from sleeping well, and then, woke up even more angry than when you went to bed? I have. If I go to bed angry, not only is that anger multiplied by the next morning, but I usually have additional negative feelings as well. My heart is heavier. I've gotten so worked up that I'm frustrated, emotional, obsessed (replaying the problem over and over again in my mind), and the anger can turn into hatred. I believe the best remedy is communication. Try to talk to the person and try to work out the situation. If that doesn't work, as with my specific problem, about all you can do is try to let it go. Forgive. No matter what the outcome, give it all up to God. He will help you through it like He's helping me through my anger.

*****
Please join us this week as we pray for the healing of an angry heart. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment