Monday, March 4, 2019

An angry heart

<a href="https://pixabay.com/photos/lion-animal-savannah-lioness-350690/">Image</a> by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/James_Jester-263582/">James_Jester</a> on Pixabay
     Yesterday morning, the anger I was feeling toward someone woke me up. I have struggled with my emotions for this person for over 25 years and most of the time am able to subdue extreme feelings but over the past several months it's become more difficult. For some reason, yesterday seemed to be the peak of that anger and I could feel it in my heart ... it had turned into pure hatred. I thought that going to church would help, that the music would soften my heart and the message would speak to me, but what happened was the evil feeling overwhelmed me. I felt especially guilty feeling like that in church. So I sought out a dear friend right then and there. We went in the prayer room and talked and prayed and I could feel the anger and hatred leave my heart. It's so easy to let a bad feeling sit and fester and grow into something dark that takes over. As Christians, we can take these evil thoughts and emotions to God in prayer. Give them up to Him as you would any burden and He will take care of it. Seek out help from someone in your church family, too. Don't keep everything internal. Don't walk alone.
     When I woke up yesterday morning with those negative feelings, I prayed right then and there. When I turned on my computer, I opened Twitter first for some reason, and at the top of my feed was a post by David Jeremiah:
"Have you ever noticed that your anger isn't contained in your circumstances but is contained in your heart? When dealing with anger, let God use His words to bring healing to your angry thoughts. Ecclesiastes 7:9 and James 1:20 are great places to start."

Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 (NKJV)

for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
James 1:20 (NKJV)
*****
Please join us this week as we pray for the healing of an angry heart. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment