Monday, December 17, 2018

Ask seek find

This week we will be praying for ourselves. With our stress-filled, fast-paced lives, it's easy to get caught up on the circumstances without delving into the big picture, like treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

The symptoms may be that my living situation changed, or that I'm too busy or tired to get everything done, or that I'm angry with someone. My prayer might be to remedy the situation or give me more energy, or the ability to forgive this person. None of that was working, and in fact, it seemed to make things worse. Finally, I prayed for what I really needed in this situation: a day of rest and guidance. It's made a world of difference.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; 
seek, and you will find; 
knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7

Our Father is there to help us and He wants us to come to him with our needs. If you remember to share your needs and burdens with Him, it will lighten your load and make you an even brighter light for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment