Monday, February 4, 2019

Pray for a Pastor

     Yesterday morning at the beginning of church service, our men stood up at the front of the church and called the Pastor to join them. They said a prayer for him, asking God to be with him and give him the words to share the gospel, and just lifted him up in prayer. It made me think... how often do we look to our church leaders for guidance, help, or just to bend their ear? Or how often do we lift our leaders up to a higher standard than we expect from even ourselves? Think about everything they do. I'm amazed at their patience, knowledge, and especially their hearts. It takes a very special person to lead a flock.
     I am so grateful to have had some one-on-one time with our Pastor on several different occasions. His opinions and insight are very important to me. Just yesterday he spent a long time talking to me about my concerns of salvation for a loved one. I needed reassurances; he didn't give me the reassurances I needed, but instead gave me the truth that I needed to hear. It was a blessing to have that time.
     I have had three very special Pastors in my life and I didn't thank any of them nearly enough, but I'm going to try to remedy that this week.
     Join me, will you? Not only join in prayer for your Pastor but do something concrete. Send your Pastor a card, or an email, or even just a text and tell them what they have done for you and your walk with Christ.

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Hebrews 13:17 ESV
*******
Please join our prayer group as we spend the week praying for our Pastors.

I'll post a daily reminder to pray on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment