Thursday, February 21, 2019

Faith comes from hearing

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17 NKJV

John MacArthur writes in his commentary* for vv. 14, 15: "a clear presentation of the gospel message must precede true saving faith...Salvation comes to those who hear and believe the facts of the gospel."
Therefore, we need to be talking about the gospel; verbally sharing it. This is difficult for me since I'm more of an introvert, but God gives us the gifts and the words to make it happen. I personally find that I do a lot better when I pray for help to share the Good News.


* MacArthur, John (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible, New King James version.
     Thomas Nelson, Inc. Nashville, TN.

*****
Please join our prayer group as we spend the week praying that we might hear. I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment