Sunday, February 17, 2019

Where is your heart?



For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

     The Bible verse above means that whatever is most important in your life is reflected in your heart. If that is anything other than Jesus then you cannot count yourself as a Christian because as it says in Matthew 6:24 (NIV): “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money..."
     This past week we've been praying to give someone a changed heart. I believe praying for someone's heart is one of the best ways to pray for someone because a person's heart speaks volumes about the person. I talked to the Pastor's wife about a problem I was having with someone at work and she said she would pray to soften his heart. It worked! His whole attitude is different now. I know God can do all things, but I'm still in awe when He works in someone like this. I started asking God to soften my heart as well and it has made a huge difference in how I deal with certain people and even how I handle stress and anxiety. It has made me a more patient person (although I still have a long way to go).

Next week our prayer group will pray about listening to God. Please join us by following along. I'll post a daily reminder to pray on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment