Friday, October 12, 2018

Addiction and Spiritual Warfare

Addiction is a disease. Some may look at it as the result of Spiritual Warfare. It needs to be treated as if it's both. We need to focus on the next step while we continue to pray for the people with addictions. You need to have plans in place for the what-ifs. I don't want to come across like I know anything at all about this subject, so I'm only sharing what I've learned from experience.
 - Who do you know who can speak to your loved one once they are ready to seek help?
 - Is there someone in your church family who he/she would listen to?
 - Would that person feel comfortable counseling your loved one?
Then there's the physical and mental part of the disease. If the person is a minor, I highly suggest you use facilities specifically for children. If you have a children's hospital, or behavioral center nearby, find out what services they provide and if they are accepting new patients. Often the breaking point comes without warning. Be in constant prayer for guidance and strength.
Know that what Paul told the Philippians (Phil. 4:13 NIV), still holds true for us today:
"I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

You've got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment