Monday, October 22, 2018

Pray for someone who is in physical pain


I personally am a bit of a baby when I'm in pain for any length of time. I have arthritis, and get allergy-related headaches; but other than that, I have no pain. So, when I meet someone who is in constant chronic pain and deals with it on a daily basis, AND still maintains her faith and sunny disposition, I have to look at that person and believe that God is using her to glorify Him.
We are made in His image and anything we do to show how He is working in our lives, whether it's our disposition, loving kindness, or the way we handle difficult situations; all of it reflects on God. People look at us and want what we have. They want the peace, comfort, love they see in us. If we can inspire others through our suffering, that glorifies God.
Those who suffer from physical pain who don't know Jesus may have a more difficult time dealing with their pain. I imagine that they do.
When I was going through chemo and radiation therapy, I smiled through it all and tried to help others who were having a more difficult time of it. I had lapses where I felt like I was going to die and mourned what I was going through, but they were temporary breakdowns and hopefully, others saw in me how God was working through me.
I sincerely hope this doesn't come across sounding like those in pain need to suffer in silence because you don't. In fact, you should get angry when you feel angry, work through the doubt when you feel low, ask God, "why me?" when you're questioning His path for you. But, when you're ready to bounce back from those low points, feel His love and support and know He has a reason for everything and everything is part of His plan.

Therefore let those who suffer 
according to God's will 
entrust their souls to a faithful Creator 
while doing good. 
(1 Peter 4:19 ESV)

Please follow along with our prayer group where we come together with one voice during the 7:00 hour to pray for the people around us. Please join with us this week as we pray for those who are afflicted with physical pain.

I'll post a daily reminder to pray on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

1 comment: