Monday, October 1, 2018

Pray for the Salvation of a Loved One

George Muller was a devout Christain who lived from 1805 - 1898. He is best known for establishing multiple orphanages in Bristol, England enabling over 10,000 children to be cared for and educated. He did this without once asking for any money from anyone. Every day he spent hours in prayer, asking God to see to their needs and God always came through. George Muller never doubted that there would always be food on the table, repairs would be made, or even that buildings would be built if it was needed and if he prayed fervently for it.
I remember reading a book about Muller that said part of his daily prayer was a plea for the salvation of people in his life. If I remember correctly, every single person he prayed for eventually came to faith. One man took a couple of decades to be saved, but he did come to follow Jesus.
Let's come together this week to pray for at least one person in our life to be saved. I have a handful of people in my life who don't know Jesus and don't want to talk about Him, or even hear His name. I used to be discouraged by that, but have since learned that every encounter is, at the very least, a chance to plant a seed. I remind myself daily that if God could change the heart of Saul, then there's no one in my life who's hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment