Tuesday, January 15, 2019

When grieving

   After my husband passed away, people would make reference to finding my "new normal" insinuating that my life would go on and I would work through the pain. I tried to rush that part of the process; I wanted life to be and feel normal again; not to diminish my husband's passing, but to quit feeling so empty inside. It turns out that you can't rush the process. I had a loving, supportive family who wanted to be with me and help me through, but there were a lot of times that I just wanted to be alone to work through things and to pray. I did a lot of praying. I also started journaling and reading my Bible. All of that helped, but what made the biggest difference to me was that when I finished praying, I sat quietly and tried to listen for the answers. We often ask God "why?" when we're suffering, but then we don't give Him a chance to answer. Try it. Be still.

Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
Psalm 37:7 NIV

Please join our prayer group as we spend the week praying for widows and widowers. Please ask God for guidance as to how to make a difference in the lives of those who are grieving. Listen for God's direction. He answers all prayers.

I'll post a daily reminder to pray on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

1 comment: