Monday, June 1, 2020

All lives matter


Image by Peter H from Pixabay
I wish I had something wise or poignant to say, but words don't really seem sufficient to convey the emotions and feelings I'm going through right now. All I can think to do is pray for peace; pray for the senseless killing to stop. At the time I'm writing this, there are at least five people who have lost their lives in the protests/riots. I couldn't find their names or photos because there is just so much news to sift through, but I did want to ask that we take a few moments to look at these three people who shouldn't have lost their lives. They are Ahmaud Arbery (February 23), Breonna Taylor (March 13), and George Floyd (May 25).
My heart goes out to the victims' families and friends. I can't even imagine their pain and suffering. Let's pray for them. Let's pray for the police and the protestors - pray that they realize that violence is making a bad situation worse. Please pray for peace for our torn country.

See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, 
but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.
1 Thessalonians 5:15 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for peace and unity. Let's pray for the violence to stop.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

No comments:

Post a Comment