Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Eat, drink and be merry


Image by Oldiefan from Pixabay
When I was thinking about what to pray about this week, "The parable of the rich fool" came to mind. My husband and I discuss and pray for family members who profess to be Christians, but for whom we're concerned about their actual salvation. And so, he presented this question to one of them: "If the rapture were today, would you still be here tomorrow?"
     It's something we should ask ourselves. Do we know for certain that we're saved? Or, do we just talk the talk and walk the walk? Are we consumed with earthly treasures or is our focus on our Father and His plan for us while we're here? I confess, there are times when I get caught up in my "stuff". I spend time and money organizing it, displaying it, moving it, but rarely spend time enjoying it, or even using it.
     We're here in this world to bring glory to God, to share the Good News, and to build relationships. Everything else is just busywork. 

And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
Luke 12:16-21 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for today; asking the Father what His will is for us for this day. Let's also pray to keep what's most important always at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. Pray for boldness and encouragement to be Christlike in all that we do and His image-bearer to everyone He sends our way.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

No comments:

Post a Comment