Monday, June 22, 2020

Brothers and Sisters


Image by Amanda McConnell from Pixabay
There are so many things to divide us: race, religion, politics, worldview, opinions. With the pandemic, we have yet another separation of those who wear masks, and those who don't. It's just one more thing to get worked up about; one more thing to draw our focus away from Jesus. Sometimes it's hard to love one another when we can only see the differences instead of the one thing we have in common...we are God's children, brothers and sisters in Christ. 
     As such, we have a duty to show the world that we are filled with the Holy Spirit by our words, actions, attitudes. We can agree to disagree. We can have tolerance and forgiveness, grace and mercy for everyone, no matter what. It's difficult, and I myself and not very good at it, but I keep trying. When I slip, I ask for forgiveness and strength and guidance. 
     This can have a positive effect on everyone we come in contact with, like ripples in the water, radiating outward. This entire world needs to see acts of love and unity, especially now when Satan seems to be running rampant, dividing us, keeping us apart and on edge.
     I love what Peter wrote:
Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, 
sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, 
and a humble mind.
1 Peter 3:8 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for unity among God's children. 
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

No comments:

Post a Comment