Monday, November 19, 2018

Giving thanks daily

I saw this post on Facebook last month and it has stuck with me ever since. I once heard a sermon where the Pastor preached on this; he said we shouldn't just thank God for what He provides, or for His many blessings, but we should thank Him for specific things. The same is true when we ask for forgiveness for our sins; don't just make it a general blanket statement, but confess our actual individual sins. I did it for a while following the sermon, but got lazy within a short period of time and went back to those blanket statements, until I saw this. This made me stop and go, "Whoa!" (yeah, I really said the word "whoa".) With the multitude of blessings the Lord gives me on a daily basis and everything he provides for me to exist in this world, the very least I can do is thank Him personally, and specifically for as many as I can think of on a daily basis. When something happens that He helps me with, I thank Him then and there; no sense in waiting until "prayer time." This week of Thanksgiving is the perfect time to start this habit or continue it, as part of our daily, unified prayer.
Please follow along with our prayer group where we come together with one voice during the 7:00 hour to pray for the people around us. Please join with us this week as we give thanks to our Lord and Saviour.

I'll post a daily reminder to pray on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment