Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Serve with humility

Image by John Hain from Pixabay
I only know one soldier well enough to understand his drive and ambition, but I've spoken to other soldiers enough to know that my friend's outlook on his duties and purpose are exactly like theirs. They do whatever is required of them. They take their responsibilities very seriously and their work ethic is impeccable. Just think where we'd be without our military. I'm in complete awe of them and wish I could be as giving and serving. Whenever my husband saw a veteran at a restaurant, he would discreetly pay for their meal as an act of gratitude. Thank a soldier today.
 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. 
Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 
not looking to your own interests but 
each of you to the interests of the others.
Philippians 2:3-4 NIV

     You don't need to be in the military to do this. In everything we do, we should do for others as servants of Christ. They will see us as Christians and our acts will glorify God.

*****
Please join me this week in praying for the men and women of our military branches, and their families.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
instagram @archadia27
facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment