Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Let it go

Image by Peggy und Marco Lachmann-Anke from Pixabay
And when you stand praying, 
if you hold anything against anyone, 
forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Mark 11:25 NIV

This verse makes me think of all of the times I've held out for an apology from someone. Those instances are usually the result of that person verbally hurting me. Once you've said something, you can never unsay it; the best you can do is apologize and talk about it and try to do better from then on. But, sometimes the apology never comes and it's just expected that the hurt person should just "let it go" because "Joe was just being Joe" (which is never an excuse IMO). I can read this Bible verse and move on, maybe carrying the hurt with me for a while longer, but in the end, I need that apology and so it's up to me to talk to "Joe" about the incident so that we can both move on.
(I'm sorry to be so vague with my examples, but these are family members who read my blog sometimes).

*********
Please join me this week in praying for someone who needs to forgive another.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment