Tuesday, August 27, 2019

You've got this

Image by Peggy und Marco Lachmann-Anke from Pixabay
Perseverance - steady persistence in a course of action or purpose, especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

I am an introvert. The idea of asking someone if they know Jesus makes me, frankly, nauseous. But feeling that way makes me feel like the lowest form of life because of what Jesus did for me on the cross. You would think I'd be able to talk about Him freely and constantly. It's hard. It's hard for a lot of us because we fear rejection and the possibility of angering someone. I've tried talking to loved ones about Jesus and have had them get downright angry at me. So, I've wondered, what's the right thing to say or what are the exact words others use to start the conversation? I've watched other people do this with such ease and without upsetting anyone and I wonder what's their secret?

I think the answer is "perseverance". They've done it over and over again and have gotten to where they're comfortable and not as afraid as I am. Just like anything else, it takes practice.

I listen for clues or openings and have been better prepared to respond to those by reading the Bible consistently and studying its contents. I pray for strength and especially for the words I need. It all works together to help me be a better servant to Jesus (I consider myself to be a "beginner" at best) and to be a part of the Great Commission which is our purpose for being here. We're planting seeds and may never see the fruits of our labor but we can trust in the Lord that we're doing His will whenever we share the Good News. Persevere. With God's strength, you've got this.

Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
1 Chronicles 16:11 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for perseverance to talk about Christ.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment