Monday, August 5, 2019

Mass Shootings

Image by Egor Shitikov from Pixabay
We need to talk about this, but I'm speechless. I was born in Dayton and have lived here my entire life. This sort of thing doesn't happen here. How naive of me to think so. I want to write something of substance about this but the words just haven't been coming, and I don't want to rush it. It's taken a while for it to even sink in. Tonight I'll try again to transform seemingly chaotic thoughts into sensible words. Until then, continue to pray.

And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. 
I will demand an accounting from every animal. 
And from each human being, too, 
I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being. 
“Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; 
for in the image of God has God made mankind.
Genesis 9:5-6 NIV

This was the Google homepage this morning; being from Dayton, I appreciated the ribbon.
It says: Our hearts are with the victims, families, and communities of El Paso & Dayton.

*********
Please join me this week in praying to stop the killing.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment