Monday, December 30, 2019

A life of prayer

Yesterday's church service was different. Instead of the normal program, it was entirely dedicated to prayer. Members from the congregation shared bible verses and information about different people to pray for and then said a prayer. It was very moving and inspiring and I could really feel that God was there with us.  It's exactly like what we're doing here, so in a way, I felt like God was telling me that He's listening (not that I ever had any doubt) to our group of prayer warriors and to keep it up; that it makes a difference.
   What I feel that God is calling us to pray about this week is a prayer life. Yesterday, the Pastor said that instead of a prayer life, we should have a life of prayer. I don't remember if he was quoting someone else or not. This seems to be the perfect topic for a prayer group to begin the new decade with, so this is where we'll begin.

Be anxious for nothing, 
but in everything by prayer and supplication, 
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
Philippians 4:6 NKJV

 This coming year, I would love for us to spread this ministry. Please pray about that and also share a bible verse when you're compelled to and/or a link.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for a life of prayer. God wants His children to come to Him with our needs, with praise, with thanksgiving. He wants us to be unceasing in our prayers. Talk to Him. He's always there for us.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment