Monday, December 9, 2019

SAD

This time of year can be a time of joy and celebration as we prepare to honor the birth of Christ. However, for a lot of people, it is a time of sadness, depression, anxiety, and loneliness.
     I personally suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder which gets worse as the days get shorter, colder, grayer. Additionally, I can't help but remember everything that was going wrong in my life at this time last year. Lastly, this will be my first Christmas without my dad. It's a very complicated time of year and my emotions are like a roller coaster; I never know when a bought of depression is going to upset my plans.
     If you see or know someone who is battling any of these mental challenges, please take a moment to pray with them and also, join me this week in praying for them daily.

Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:7-8 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment