Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas! Christ is Born!
My husband and I attended the Christmas Eve service at our church last evening. We were unable to go last year because it was a year ago yesterday that my dad had a partial hip replacement surgery after a fall. That was weighing heavily on me all day. This is our first Christmas without him although last Christmas kind of foreshadowed this because he was in the hospital. We tried to have a normal Christmas anyway, but it just wasn't the same. This year will, of course, be different also as it will for many, many people around the world. If you're one of those people, my heart goes out for you.
Anyway, I so wish I could relate the whole experience of last night's service to all of you. Remember in yesterday's post I said something about imagining what Mary and Joseph must've felt at having giving birth to our Lord and Saviour? They had a young woman acting as Mary convey what she was going through just after the birth. I was moved to tears. The whole service helped me feel what it must have been like to be there. I wish I could describe it better, but words can't adequately convey such a deep, spiritual feeling.
The second to last song, though, evoked all of the emotion of the evening, and so I'm sharing that here. "Mary, Did You Know?"
May you ponder these things throughout the day and remember why we're celebrating.

Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
John 12:44-48 NKJV

Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
John 18:37 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying about the true meaning of Christmas. Let us pray for focus on the birth of Jesus and that our focus may touch the hearts of non-believers. Let us share the event of the Virgin birth and spread the Good News of what this historical event means to each of us. Let us emphasize that the only gift that matters this Christmas is that our Lord and Savior was born into this world, one hundred percent human, to rescue His fallen children.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment