Friday, April 24, 2020

An angry fool

Both of these verses are good ones to have framed and hung in my office, my home, and probably in my car, too. The photo I chose doesn't necessarily go with either verse, I just saw it and it made me smile.
     According to this verse, I've often been a fool, but its good to know that I've also been a wise (wo)man many times.
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, 
but a wise man quietly holds it back.
Proverbs 29:11 ESV

Know this, my beloved brothers: 
let every person be quick to hear, 
slow to speak, 
slow to anger; 
for the anger of man 
does not produce the righteousness of God.
James 1:19-20 ESV

     I've been praying for a softened heart, and I feel God working in me, reminding me to be patient and kind and slow to frustration. Praise God.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for how we, as individuals of the Church, deal with the unsaved. Pray that the Spirit will guide us to portray the characteristics of Christ when our own human instincts are to act and react in a not-so-Christian way sometimes. Let’s also pray our hearts are softened toward those who test our love and patience.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment