Tuesday, April 21, 2020

No peace

As I deepen my relationship with Jesus, learn more, and pray more I feel at peace, for the most part. However, I know what it feels like to not have that peace. This bible verse reminds me of that period of my life. Even though I wasn't what I would consider "wicked", I was trying to handle everything without God.
     So understand that even though someone's life may seem ideal, like they have it all, if they don't know Christ then they have nothing, and they need our prayers, our intercession. Satan can distract them with riches, or material possessions, but he can't fill that void that keeps them searching and wanting more. It's hard to understand what we're searching for until God removes the veil.
     I know the bible says that no one seeks God, but I believe since He put His existence on our hearts, that we know something is missing when we don't have Him in our lives.
     I didn't feel like writing yesterday; it was just a roller coaster of emotions for some reason; maybe because I didn't sleep well, or maybe because there's something else going on with me that I don't know about, but anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's no peace for those who have evil thoughts and feelings (like what I'm going through right now), even if they are a believer. In order to have peace and joy, we need to be free of these negative thoughts and emotions. So, I'm still trying to give it all up to God.

“There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”
Isaiah 48:22 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for how we, as individuals of the Church, deal with the unsaved. Pray that the Spirit will guide us to portray the characteristics of Christ when our own human instincts are to act and react in a not-so-Christian way sometimes. Let’s also pray our hearts are softened toward those who test our love and patience.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment