Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Stillness

This is one of my favorite verses because it serves as a reminder to me to focus on what's most important: the Lord.
     Since the stay-at-home order, I have been blessed to have this time to slow down and do just that. I wish I could have/would have dedicated even more time and energy toward my time with God.
I feel centered, focused. All of that may fly out the window when I return to work, but I just want to praise the Lord for this blessing.
     I would like us to pray for the sick and dying, for our front line workers, their families, those who are isolated. Everyone has been affected by this pandemic and I think we won't know the residual outcome of our mental and emotional health for quite some time, so it's just really, really important that we meditate on this.
     No matter what's going on in the world, in our lives, we can rest in knowing that God is in complete control and we'll get through this, and it will bring Him honor and glory. Take time to be still.

“Be still, and know that I am God. 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth!”
Psalm 46:10 ESV


*********
Please join me in praying this week for the Holy Spirit to fill us with unconditional trust in our Father, and to remind us that He's always there for us. Please pray for His sovereign guidance through the good times and the bad. Pray for wisdom and strength. Praise Him for His countless blessings.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment