Monday, September 21, 2020

Show respect

 Image by Ria Sopala from Pixabay

I've been on vacation for the past week in Hocking Hills where I've had no signal, no cell service, no internet. It was wonderful. 

On the drive home, there were some people who we encountered who I didn't have a lot of respect for, mostly because of their behavior. Some were other drivers, some were people around us in the restaurant, and I realized that I was letting them sour the peaceful, spiritual week I just had. Then I realized, that they weren't actually doing anything, it was my attitude toward them, my assumptions about them that were stressing me out and bringing me down.
So this week I would like to focus our attention and pray for help with showing respect to others...not just having respect, but actually showing it. 

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, 
and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,
Titus 2:7 ESV 

*********
Please join me this week in praying that we remember to treat one another with respect. During this time of incredible divisiveness, when it's so easy to get angry with those who have opposing viewpoints, we have to remember, that no matter what, we are all brothers and sisters. Our goal here is to bring the lost to know Christ. We can't do that without showing respect to everyone we meet. 

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #respect



No comments:

Post a Comment