Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Work heartily

 Image by StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay

Do you "live to work" or "work to live?" I can never remember for certain which one is the good one. I think if we "live to work" that means that we enjoy our job, but "work to live" means that we work at a job just to have money to do the things we love. Either way, I've always resented how much of my life has been spent at work or thinking about work. I even dream about it which really makes me crazy. 
     But, the two months spent in lockdown, when I didn't have a job were way more stressful. Dealing with Unemployment was a part-time job in a sense, but there was no way of knowing if or when I would get paid. Knowing I wasn't alone in the struggle made it more overwhelming because I couldn't help but think about all of those people who lived paycheck to paycheck, and I remembered what that was like.
     So, ever since I've been back to work, I've had a new outlook and appreciation for the job and also for the opportunity to work (except for the last 2 weeks that were just outright horrible and stressful).
So, when I came across this bible verse, I thought it was an excellent way to look at everything we do in order to live during this earthly life:

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23-24 ESV 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are unemployed. Pray that they find jobs soon. Let's also pray for those who are isolated due to working from home or because their health or age makes it difficult or unwise to leave their homes. Pray that friends, neighbors, relatives check in on them and that they in turn reach out to others. Pray that God softens their hearts from being prideful when it comes to asking for help. Pray also for their physical, emotional, and mental health. Finally, pray that God inspires them to use their spiritual gifts, even during times of isolation, so that He may be glorified.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible  #LaborDay #occupation #vocation #employment

No comments:

Post a Comment