Monday, December 7, 2020

Pray for the bullied

 Image by Wokandapix from Pixabay

I think the hatred in this country has escalated to a dangerous level. We have leaders instigating divisiveness and violence, spreading lies, stirring up hate. Death threats seem to be the latest solution to disagreements. That type of mentality trickles down to our kids; they perceive it as an acceptable way to handle disputes. 
     Bullying has always been around, but my fear is that it's becoming more commonplace, and we've become more complicit about it. I wish I had a solution, but I don't, except to spread the word about it; to promote 'see something, say something,' and to pray.
     I started '7th Hour Prayer Power' three years ago by praying for bullies. I thought praying for softened hearts was something that could have a chain reaction. If one bully was changed, then maybe another would be changed by example. There's no way of knowing the fruits of those prayers, but I trust in God and have faith that some hearts were changed that week.
     This week, I'd like to pray for those who are being bullied. They live with a level of stress and anxiety that I can't even imagine.


Be strong and courageous. 
Do not fear or be in dread of them, 
for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. 
He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are bullied. Pray that they find the strength and encouragement to not succumb to the lies they're told. Pray they seek Jesus and find the hope they need to get through this difficult time. Pray that witnesses will step in and step up to help and defend the bullied. Let's also pray for peace, unity, justice and that hearts be softened.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #antibullying #stopbullying #bullying

No comments:

Post a Comment