Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Christmas Star

 Image by Jeff Jacobs from Pixabay

During the Christmas season, I often wonder what Mary and Joseph must have been going through and feeling. Giving birth is a miracle in and of itself, but to give birth to our Savior? Wow! I can't even wrap my head around that. I wonder, 'was it an easy delivery?' 'were they overwhelmed in His presence?' 'Was He cognitive of who He was?'
     This past week there was a lot of media attention on the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter and how it was the "Christmas star" as if to explain away a one-time event by demonstrating it happens about every 400 years. I didn't do my due diligence in researching this because I didn't know I was going down this path until just now, so if I have something wrong, I apologize. However, the star of Bethlehem wasn't a one-night occurrence. Matthew 2:9-11 tells us that the star led the wise men to the house where Jesus was. By the time they got there, Jesus may have even been anywhere up to two years old, so the star led them for at least several months.
     If I'm way off on this, let me know and I'll change it. It just upsets me when something that was so obviously a "God-thing" is explained away as something normal (albeit rare). It takes away from the miracle, and from the rejoicing.
     So, let your hearts be filled with the joy of the miracle of His birth, dwelling on this most perfect Gift from our Father in Heaven.

And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth,
Luke 1:14 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praising God for sending His only Son and allowing us to share in that experience through the teachings of the Gospels (See Luke 2:1-7). Praise Him for all of the new lives He brought into this world in 2020 and for giving us that 'breath of fresh air' when we needed it most. Let us pray for the health and welfare of all of those born this year and their families. May they dwell on the joy and miracle and blessings of new life.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #Jesus #Christmas #ChristmasStar #conjunction #Saturn #Jupiter #WiseMen #Bethlehem #miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment