Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Before you were born

 Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
My husband will notice people's nametags wherever we go and greet them by name. So, to the cashier at the grocery, the waitress, the teller,...he'll say something like, "Good morning, Judy! What a beautiful name! Did you know that God knew your name even before you were born?"
     I admire his ability to share God and the gospel with everyone. He seems to do it so easily and so smoothly. When I've commented about it, he tells me that, 'you just have to look for an opening.' He also tells me that it gets easier with practice.
     This particular introduction is especially wonderful because it lets people know that they are special, unique, and loved by God, the Creator who knew them even before they were conceived. While we aren't all appointed prophets to the nations like Jeremiah, I feel like the Bible verse is still relevant to all of us because we're all to share the Good News everywhere we go, therefore we are all God's messengers.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and 
before you were born I consecrated you; 
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
Jeremiah 1:5 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praising God for sending His only Son and allowing us to share in that experience through the teachings of the Gospels (See Luke 2:1-7). Praise Him for all of the new lives He brought into this world in 2020 and for giving us that 'breath of fresh air' when we needed it most. Let us pray for the health and welfare of all of those born this year and their families. May they dwell on the joy and miracle and blessings of new life.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #family #baby #born #miracle #blessing #love #life


No comments:

Post a Comment