Friday, December 11, 2020

Vengeance is not mine

 Image by Iván Tamás from Pixabay
I don't consider myself to be a vengeful person, but I can hold a grudge. Sometimes the grudge lasts for decades. This is especially true of several clients we've had who have treated us badly, and a couple of whom treated me very badly.
   During this insane year that we're all going through, I've spent a lot of time in self-reflection thinking about how I can become a better person, a better Christian. Usually, the answers are pretty tough and involve things like "love your enemy." I keep trying, though. It seems like Satan has been working overtime all year long and fighting him off is taking a lot of extra effort on my part. I'm sick of it, frankly.
   The solution is to ramp up my focus on God. It makes life so much easier when I have those moments of enlightenment and am able to see the senselessness in my negative feelings, anxiety, stress, bitterness. Those moments come when I'm able to say (and truly believe) "I know you've got this, God. So, I'm just going to give it all up to You. I surrender." God will see that justice is done. He will protect me. All I have to do is put Him first, and others second. He'll take care of the rest.

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, 
but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:18 ESV


*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are bullied. Pray that they find the strength and encouragement to not succumb to the lies they're told. Pray they seek Jesus and find the hope they need to get through this difficult time. Pray that witnesses will step in and step up to help and defend the bullied. Let's also pray for peace, unity, justice and that hearts be softened.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #antibullying #stopbullying #bullying #love #bekind #forgiveness #prayer





No comments:

Post a Comment