Monday, December 21, 2020

The miracle of life

 Image by Pexels from Pixabay
Amid all of the illness and the unprecedented number of lives lost in a single year, there have been many, many blessings of babies being born. Every time I heard of a birth, ... it's kind of hard to describe the feeling - almost like a breath of fresh air; a brief moment of calm, of normalcy.
     I thought during this week of celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour, we might pray for all of the babies born this year and remember how blessed we are to have such a loving and merciful Creator to watch over us and guide us through this life. He knows each one of us intimately, even each hair on our heads. He has a plan for our lives.
     Even among death, life continues and is renewed, just as even among graves, flowers bloom.
     I found this bible verse which I must have read many times, but it never stuck out in my mind as a 'wow' kind of thing until today. I've been blessed to give birth twice, and aside from the effect of accelerated hormones, it's really an emotional experience. On one hand, I had this human being growing inside of me and that's its own miracle. On the other hand, I was anxious for the child to be born - anxious as in, couldn't wait, but also in nervous about how she would change my life and uncertain if I was up for the challenge. There was also the anxiety of childbirth - because of the curse, it is extremely painful, but we forget the pain. If we didn't, we would never have more than one child.

When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, 
but when she has delivered the baby, 
she no longer remembers the anguish, 
for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
John 16:21 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praising God for sending His only Son and allowing us to share in that experience through the teachings of the Gospels (See Luke 2:1-7). Praise Him for all of the new lives He brought into this world in 2020 and for giving us that 'breath of fresh air' when we needed it most. Let us pray for the health and welfare of all of those born this year and their families. May they dwell on the joy and miracle and blessings of new life.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #family #baby #born #miracle #blessing #love #life

No comments:

Post a Comment