Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Love from a pure heart

 Image by Candid_Shots from Pixabay

When my husband and I started attending The Ridge, we went sporadically because we were visiting different churches in town each week. After visiting one or two we'd go back to The Ridge for a week or two. I was definitely drawn to that particular church but my husband wanted to check out as many as possible. 
     During our third or fourth visit, the woman sitting in front of us turned around and introduced herself as Terry. We talked for several minutes before the service started and then she asked if we had heard her husband speak before. I asked her who her husband was and she said, "Rollie." 
     Until she said that, I had absolutely no idea she was the Pastor's wife. I don't know what my expectations were, maybe that as the Pastor's wife she would be surrounded by people needing her attention, or busy doing something other than talking to me, a stranger. I don't know. What I do know is that, smooth as silk she struck up a conversation with me and made me feel like I belonged there. I don't remember anything she said, but whatever it was, it was what I needed to hear at that specific time.
     So, to Terry and all of the wives of Pastors, I want to say "thank you" for everything you do, for your words of kindness, encouragement, and love, and for fulfilling such an important role in God's Kingdom.

The aim of our charge is love that issues 
from a pure heart and a good conscience 
and a sincere faith.
1 Timothy 1:5 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our Pastors' wives. Pray that they feel nothing but love and encouragement from their congregations. Pray that the church family lift her up in their prayers and support her. Also, pray that their husbands are sensitive to their needs.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @7DegreesOfMe <--- recently changed
Pinterest Prayer Group #7thHourPrayerPower
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #PastorsWife #woman #church #love #ChurchFamily #wife #PrayerGroup

No comments:

Post a Comment