Friday, March 5, 2021

Unrepented sin

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

I read about unrepented sin somewhere and realized that maybe there was something in my past that I hadn't repented of or confessed to the Lord, and maybe I was feeling guilt from that and thinking it was for something else. So, I prayed for God to show me my unrepented sin and a few things surfaced.
     This is the point where I would normally share the things that God revealed to me, but I've decided not to. After talking to a friend, she reiterated to me that the past is in the past and it's time to move forward. Not that I won't continue to share my past here, it's just some things are best left alone, or kept between me and Him.
     I've blocked certain things from my memory in order to guard my heart, and maybe that's an act of letting go, in some respect, but some events are just pushed down deep inside of us, unresolved. Those are the things that are maybe preying on our self consciences, that are resurfacing as an underlying feeling of guilt and shame. Ask God to show you those things, or better yet, ask Him to just take those from you. God loves you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. He doesn't want us living a life of guilt and shame. Pray for help. Praise Him for His love and grace.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters
They shall not come near him.
Psalm 32:1-6 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are carrying around guilt and shame, especially for those who are troubled with the past and can't let go, even though our Father has forgiven them. Pray that they recognize that Jesus died for all of their sins, that those sins are now wiped away and they are now a new being in His eyes.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #guilt #shame #accusation #Satan #depression #anxiety #empathy #blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment