Monday, March 22, 2021

Pray for the unemployed

Image by Niek Verlaan from Pixabay

A year ago I was unemployed because of the pandemic. It was the first time I had been out of a job since the 1980s recession. Even though I knew it was temporary, it affected me deeply. I didn't realize how important it was, beyond finances, for me to work.
     At first, it was like my identity was taken away from me. I felt lost and without purpose. The depression was overwhelming and it was difficult for me to do anything.
     For the first month, dealing with the Unemployment office became my full-time job, but that wore on me, too because of the perceived futility in all of it.
     The second month I finally got around to turning to God. He lifted me up and helped me to relax and make the most of this time. I got to where I enjoyed being home. When everything reopened, I found myself deeply depressed again having to give up the freedom and peace I discovered while being off. But we work in order to pay the bills, so I had to adjust my feelings and attitudes once again.
     The whole experience was so draining. It really gave me a renewed appreciation for the unemployed and what they go through in order to navigate the system. They have to deal with the unemployment office, look for a job, fend off debt collectors and cope with the strain of not having an income. It's a lot.
     So this week, I'd like for us to pray for them. My main prayer is that they turn to God like I finally did, and allow Him to guide them through this situation.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the unemployed, those seeking work, or those who have given up looking. Pray that they turn to the Lord for guidance and encouragement and strength. Let's also pray that God opens doors for them and that they recognize those opportunities.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @7DegreesOfMe <--- recently changed
Pinterest Prayer Group #7thHourPrayerPower
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #unemployed #jobseekers #encouragment #poor #poverty #work #depression


No comments:

Post a Comment