Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Motivation during job search

 Image by Manuel Alvarez from Pixabay
By the time I went back to work in May, my unemployment finally went through and I was able to replace the savings and pay off the credit card I used during the shut-down.
     I didn't spend any money during that time except as needed for groceries, and even while shopping for food, I was more frugal than before.
     Fortunately, my husband was still working so we were blessed to have an income, but that didn't diminish the anxiety of me being out of work. When you depend on two incomes, it's a struggle when you lose even one of them.
     From talking to different people, I know we get these perceptions of those who have been out of work for a long period of time. (I'm only talking about able-bodied people who normally would have a job - not those on disability, or with other extenuating circumstances). Maybe their industry isn't up to full capacity and so jobs are scarce right now. Maybe they're just worn out from rejection. We don't know their individual circumstances, and we don't need to know. 
     It would be Christlike of us to pray for them and to ask how we can help. Pray that they feel the desire and motivation to keep searching for a job and that the opportunity that God provides for them will be accepted.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, 
that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the unemployed, those seeking work, or those who have given up looking. Pray that they turn to the Lord for guidance and encouragement and strength. Let's also pray that God opens doors for them and that they recognize those opportunities.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @7DegreesOfMe <--- recently changed
Pinterest Prayer Group #7thHourPrayerPower
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #BibleVerses #bible #unemployed #jobseekers #encouragment #poor #poverty #work #depression

No comments:

Post a Comment