Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A gift of a Bible


To illustrate how important it is to put your fear behind you, I wanted to share this. Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller fame is passionate about being an atheist. He made the above video several years ago about an encounter with a Christian and had this to say:
     “I’ve always said, I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize. I don’t respect that at all. If you believe there is a heaven and hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life or whatever, and you think it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward...
     How much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?
     If I believed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that a truck was coming at you, and you didn’t believe it, that that truck was bearing down on you, there’s a certain point where I tackle you, and this is more important than that.”

This is eternity we're talking about; not this short little blip on earth that we call life. We need to tell everyone. It's why we're here.
The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. 
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:16-20

***
The sermon I was talking about yesterday can be heard here: Phillippians: True Joy In Christ 6-30-2019

*******
Please join me this week in praying for the courage and strength to live fearlessly for Christ. Pray for the courage to fully surrender to Jesus, and trust in His sovereignty.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power



No comments:

Post a Comment