Monday, July 1, 2019

No fear

Yesterday's sermon (Phillippians: True Joy In Christ 6-30-2019) really moved me. The main theme was to live fearlessly for Christ. I immediately thought, "No Fear" (and the Pastor said it, too), a phrase made popular by a line of sports apparel (and more) from the early '90s. I always took the phrase to heart back then to push myself out of my comfort zone, and in recent years have tried using it to push myself to be more of an evangelist and do what we're all called to do, to share the gospel.
     I pray about it. I pray for strength and courage and for the words. I'm much more comfortable with the written word than with the spoken, but the Bible says that people come to faith by hearing the Gospel. If we fully surrender to Christ, we can be assured that He is in charge and that He is sovereign over all.

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
Colossians 1:9-11 NKJV

*******
Please join me this week in praying for the courage and strength to live fearlessly for Christ. Pray for the courage to fully surrender to Jesus, and trust in His sovereignty.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


2 comments:

  1. Fear, over thinking; my biggest obstacle, Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I over think things, too so I also like to try to live by the encouragement of "just do it". Active-wear brands seem to have really good slogans for living life to the fullest.

      Delete