Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Jesus loves the little children

Image by ELLE RITTER from Pixabay
When I was growing up, my mom and I went to Sunday school and church almost every Sunday. I wasn't saved until I was 14, but as a child growing up in that atmosphere, I knew that Jesus loved me; I believed in Him and there was never any doubt that what the Bible said was the truth.

I took the words of Matthew 19:13-15 literally and pictured the kingdom of heaven full of children and thought it must be a fun and happy place. I pictured a loving, caring, Jesus and took comfort in that. I can't imagine where I'd be without that early spiritual education. Give the children in your life a chance to know Jesus with the faith and open-mindedness of a young child.

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away.
Matthew 19:13-15 ESV

*****
Please join me this week in praying for a child you know. Pray that that child is raised in the Word. Pray for that child to grow up understanding the gospel, what Jesus did for them, and for their lives to glorify God. If you are the parent or guardian of the child, pray for the seeds you plant to blossom into image-bearing fruit that will perpetually spread God's Word.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment