Tuesday, July 23, 2019

International missions

A Market in Mozambique
As Christians, we understand that our purpose in this life is to spread the Good News to all Nations. For most of us, that means people who we come in contact with, but for a small group of very special people (they must be special, in my opinion) that means leaving the comforts of home and traveling to places all over the world. They move to areas without running water or electricity. Just to get to some of these villages means driving or walking through areas where it's forbidden to even mention Christ. There are people looking for missionaries to imprison them, or worse. I can't imagine doing that; I'm not courageous enough and it must not be my destiny, but what I can do is support those people who have this calling. You can. too, through prayer, donations, and spreading awareness. Our church supports IMB which is the International Mission Board. They have 3,623 missionaries all over the world, reaching out to 847 nations (if I'm understanding their information correctly). Pray for them and pray for what God would like for you to do to support missionaries and reach out to the unreached people groups of the world.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:19-20 ESV

*****
Please join me this week in praying for missionaries.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment