Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Unseen disabilities

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay
Disabilities aren't all visible. There are plenty of people who suffer daily from unseen disabilities and often their suffering is ridiculed; people don't understand what they can't see.
People with sleeping disorders are sometimes thought of as "lazy".
Those with phobias are called childish names such as "scaredy cat" or "chicken".
People who suffer from anxiety are "high strung".
Recluses are "anti-social".
Hypersensitivities are just "overly sensitive".
Why is it that we are so quick to attach a label or an insult to anyone who's different than we are?
God makes each person wholly unique. The least we can do is get to know a person and understand them for the individual they are instead of making snap judgments based on outward appearances.

For you formed my inward parts; 
you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Psalm 139:13-14 ESV

*****
Please join me this week in praying for people with disabilities.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power



No comments:

Post a Comment