Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Can I pray for you?



I am feeling very blessed. God has put people on my heart to reach out to, to help, to pray for. He is so good!
     Yesterday morning, I couldn't think of anything to write and I was afraid I was going through a bit of a writer's block. Plus, I heard back from a magazine that I submitted to and I had completely missed that it was a themed submission. I was so embarrassed - me, who is such a stickler about reading instructions and I completely missed such an important detail and with a piece that was deeply personal and difficult to write. I made a huge leap from those two things happening, to "I should give up on writing." Talk about blowing stuff out of proportion. Plus, now I'm rambling on here over nothing...I guess my point is, God always helps me get back on track, so here I am.
     I was reading prayer requests yesterday and came across one where the mission team asked someone if they (the missionaries) could pray for them. That opened doors for them to spread the gospel. My husband does that at restaurants and it's amazing to see people's reactions. Some people get uncomfortable and say, "No thank you. I'm good." Others will share something going on in their life for us to pray for, and then a few people have even joined us in prayer.
     There have been a few instances in my life recently where I shared about something going "wrong" or that I was struggling with and someone asked if they could pray with me. Not only did the prayers help, but the act of someone asking to do that helped me because it immediately reminded me that I'm not alone, that others care, and that I can take everything to the Father. 
     Prayer is something we can all do and it is so very helpful, even to non-believers. People who claim they don't believe still appreciate it when Christians intercede for them to God; at least several who I've come in contact with. 
     Try it. Especially during these difficult times. People are scared, anxious, stressed and they're looking for answers, for hope. They want to know that there is Someone in charge who has complete control over the situation. They want to talk to Him and know that they're being heard.

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: 
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 
“Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. 
“Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.
Luke 6:20-21 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for guidance as to what we can do, either individually, or collectively, to help those who are less fortunate than we are. Let's pray for God to show us someone in need who we can help.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:

No comments:

Post a Comment