Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Compassion

My stomach is in absolute knots as I write this. Yesterday, there was just so much news of anger and violence and threats. You can protest without making it racial; you can protest without making it personal.
     People who I interacted with, in our office building, and even within our office were not wearing masks, not really following social distancing. Maybe I'm the only one taking this seriously, but I used to get bronchitis and know what it's like to have trouble breathing. I don't want to take unnecessary chances of getting this virus just because it's uncomfortable to wear a mask and it's inconvenient to social distance. I can do those two things for myself and for those I come in close proximity to.
     Plus, I'm reading prayer requests from other countries and what they're going through. I just can't even imagine how much worse things are in some of these countries like India and Bangladesh.
     And then, I find out about people having microchips implanted in their hands and my first thought is "mark of the beast". Has no one seen, "I, Robot" or "Vanilla Sky" or other futuristic movies like that and understand the potential here of giving up the last morsel of privacy by having hardware inside your body? Get a smartwatch if it's too cumbersome to carry your phone around.
     I know that God has got this. I know that all things work according to His plan and that this very well could be the end times, but there are still so many people who need to be saved first.
     I apologize if this is a bit of a downer post, it's just my heart is aching from everything going on, for those who are so angry and for those who are having anger directed at them. I feel for all of them. As we're praying for kindness this week, let's also pray for hearts to be softened, and for salvation for the unsaved.

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, 
holy and beloved, 
compassionate hearts, kindness, 
humility, meekness, and patience,
Colossians 3:12 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for everyone to treat each other with kindness. Let's pray for patience, understanding, and love toward one another.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment