Monday, May 25, 2020

Faith and determination


Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Last week I wrote that I wasn't able to find the words to write. Every time I tried to write it was a struggle or just came across sounding pessimistic or preachy. As a result, I also haven't been writing/working on my book, or submitting to magazines/contests. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time in meditation about it. This one contest I really wanted to submit to because it is just so "me." It's about using meditation as a function of your art. I do that all the time. I always ask God for words, guidance, and inspiration. Then I try to focus only on Him; shut out the rest of the world and listen for Him. I'm calling the article, "Be Still", as in Psalm 46:10.
     I started writing and thinking, "This is terrible. I should just give up. Why am I doing this?" Then, I got a notification of a tweet from David Jeremiah which read: "Perhaps one of the reasons we have been sheltered at home is so God can quiet us." I saw that as, 'so we can be still,' which I saw as a sign to get back to work. Then, I worked for a while and started to doubt again and I got an email that one of the articles I submitted is going to be published! I saw that as a sign, too!
     During our online worship services Rick has been devoting some of the service to our Kids' Corner and frankly, I've gleaned a lot of good stuff from his messages. The past few weeks have been about determination. So, in light of my day yesterday, I saw that as a good topic to pray for. 
     God gives us spiritual gifts. He gives us the means and resources we need to use them, but sometimes, we're like Moses standing before God Almighty, being told what He wants us to do and yet we have the audacity to say, "No, Lord; I can't do that. You've got the wrong person." God doesn't always give us an Aaron to help out, but He does promise to always be with us. When God is with us, who can be against us? 

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the determination needed to do what God calls us to do. Let's pray for the faith needed to hear His voice and follow Him without question.
 
I'll post daily reminders on:



No comments:

Post a Comment