Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Waiting for words


Image by congerdesign from Pixabay

Words just don't seem to be coming to me this week. Everything I start to write comes out sounding preachy or pessimistic so I figure it's best to just post the bible verses for the time being. When I do that, though, then I feel kind of empty like I'm just phoning it in; I like to share and be open with all of you. 
     I was thinking it could be because I'm back at work now and haven't settled back into my old routine, but maybe it's because I decided to try submitting to magazines again using stories from my autobiography that I wrote a few years ago and realize that the writing is just awful and I basically have to start all over again if I want to use any of it, but, I'm pretty sure that's not part of God's plan for me. However, I can't seem to let it go, but I really, really need to.
     I need patience with myself during this crazy time of trying to be flexible with daily changes due to the pandemic. It's a very unsettling time; there is no 'normal' to rely on, therefore there's no 'plan,' which I have a very difficult time with. There's a sense of security in plans. God has a plan for me, though, and for all of us, so there is security in that. 
     Huh. Look at that. I wrote three paragraphs, worked through (loosely) what my hang-up was, and illustrated patience in that it took me a really long time to write just this little bit. I know God's plan for me, I just need a little nudge once in a while. He remains forever patient with me and I'm extremely thankful for that.

For I know the plans I have for you, 
declares the Lord, 
plans for welfare and not for evil, 
to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for patience both for ourselves and others. 
 
I'll post daily reminders on:


No comments:

Post a Comment